Thursday, January 15, 2009

Soft Hearts

Encourage yourselves daily while it is still "today," so that none of you may grow hardened by the deceit of sin. Hebrews 3:13

There were many years in my life where my heart was hardened to Christ. Well, I'm not so sure that it was hardened, but it definitely wasn't soft. It was a time in my life when I wanted to do what I wanted to do. God's plan did not come first. I spent years fighting for my freedom and doing what I wanted. During that time, I argued with people, I fought with people, I was angry with people, and I gossiped with people. It was not a happy nor peaceful time.

Since I recently softened my heart to our Lord, my life has become more peaceful. I gave in. I gave into His ways. I gave into His Will. It seems so logical now. It feels so much less stressful as soon as I let God take over. Now granted, I'm not perfect (obviously). I'm not saying I don't get angry, or gossip, or get in arguments. But it's different now. My anger does not overcome me and my arguments have a different tone. I have an understanding of the other side and am more likely to let things go. I let it go into His hands.

Lord, help me to continue on Your path by keeping my heart soft and open to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment