Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Poem for Us Moms

I was cleaning up my messy dining room today and came across this poem that I copied down quite a while ago off the Internet. It is by an anonymous writer, and you may have seen it before, but it's great for us moms:

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called me to be a Mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose.

Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face,

That you have blessed me all the while
And I stoop to kiss that precious smile.

Isn't that wonderful? Did you stop crying yet...?

2 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful.. thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Tracy! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete