Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Detach Yourself

Detachment is an overwhelming attachment to God.
- Mother Angelica

Detachment from what? Well, I think what Mother is saying here is that when we detach ourselves from the "things" of this world, we become more attached for God. When we pay less attention to the "things" we want, the "things" we think we might need, the more we can focus on God and the "things" He wants!

Does that make sense to you? It makes sense to me. When we can let go of ourselves and our stuff, we can grab ahold of Him and His holiness. We can become more tuned in to our Lord and His wants and His desires for us as Christians following Him.

So what could you let go of in your life today that will bring you closer to God's holiness?

2 comments:

  1. I would stop worrying about our debt it I knew that it was God's will, but I believe that debt is evil and that I need to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's a hard one! But now you know the evils of it and I know you will try harder to stay out of it! God knows how to teach us... and I have been taught quite a few things!!

    ReplyDelete